Joshua Field (1786-1863) co-founded the Institution of Civil Engineers in 1817.
In 1832, according to the London directory, the name Perkins and Company, Engineers, disappeared from the Regent's Park location and it then appeared at 6, Francis Street, Gray's Inn Road, and thus continued until 1837, which was about the time that Jacob Perkins retired form active business.
It might be inferred from this change of address that Jacob Perkins and his son, Angier, now shared the Francis Street premises, as by this period, Angier would have required manufacturing space for his own growing business.
Angier March Perkins, the second son of Jacob Perkins, was 21 when, in 1821, he sailed from America with the rest of his family to join his father, Jacob Perkins, in the large upper rooms at 69 Fleet Street, London.
For some time he was associated with his father in developing both the engraving of banknotes and the use of high pressure steam.
There is some confusion regarding the various premises used by Jacob Perkins and his son, Angier at this time.